The School Council
Above all, our Council consists of a group of parents who are prepared to commit their time, thoughts and energy to work in partnership with its teachers to ensure that our school offers the best that it can for our community’s children. The official functions of Beeac’s school council as outlined in the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 include:
- establishing the broad direction and vision of the school within the school’s community
- participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
- developing, reviewing and updating school policies
- raising funds for school-related purposes
- maintaining the school’s grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts (such as for cleaning or construction work)
- reporting annually to the school community and to the Department
- creating interest in the school in the wider community
- informing itself of and taking into account the views of the community
- regulating and facilitating the after hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school or other premises controlled by the Minister.
Normally third Tuesday night of each month at 7:00 p.m.